Sunday, April 24, 2011

Delicious beginnings

Yesterday I was google-ing around looking for some personal experiences and advise about home-curing meats when I came across this wonderful blog by Matt. I was in heaven vicariously experiencing his meaty forays curing. As usually happens, one click leads to another, and another. My heart was soon filled with more desire than knowledge.

The though dawned on me " I wonder if anyone would read about my Edible Sundays"? You see, about three years ago I decided to quit smoking. I started smoking when I was six years old (Not kidding!) and quit when I was 43. Like a lot of old smokies that quit, I gained some weight, 35 pounds.

Now I don't mind being old, I don't mind being gay I don't mind being fat or even short. But I DO NOT want to be all those things at once! Since the only thing I have any say so over was my weight I decided to loose a few. My plan was to eat well Monday through Saturday. Sundays I can eat whatever I want - hence Edible Sundays. Oh I do love Sundays.

This blog or flog (food log) will share experiences in my kitchen. I will share my cravings, my research, my desires, my successes and my failures. I will share my recipes. And my beloved may even take some photos for me to share with you.

I hope that my relentless urge to express myself culinarily (is that a word . . .not!) will be a pleasure for you. And please, being that I have never written a thing in my life, be kind.

2 comments: